New in version 2018.6.0, platform level logging was implemented to provide greater access to event logs for installed/registered components. Log information includes date/time, machine name, environment, component, type, and event status in a grid format. When the log row is clicked, detailed error information appears, if any.
Complete the following steps to view log information.
- Define Elasticsearch Endpoint if you have not already done so.
- Choose System from the main menu.
- In the left pane of the System page, under System Monitoring, click Logs.
- Select a date range by using the supplied calendar fields.
- Click the All drop down menu and select a report type. By default, all report types will display in the grid unless specified.
- To search for specific information in the logs grid, enter a search term in the search field. The grid will reflect the search criteria. To clear the search field, click .
- Click to export the logs to a .CSVA comma-separated values (CSV) file used to store tabular data. file.
- To copy the Event column contents to the clipboard, click the desired log record to display the pop up Message dialog as shown in the following figure.
Click .to select the event text in the Message dialog. Paste the event text to the desired destination such as a text editor. Click OK to close the Message dialog when finished.