Customizing the Login Screen
When users access NetGovern Search directly through a browser, the login screen displays. You can change the default image to a custom image that displays your company logo and branding. When changing the image, be sure to use .jpg format with an image size of 705 x 385 pixels.
Also, you can change the text strings in the login screen. For example, if your organization usually uses an email address and user code to log in to NetGovern Search, you can change the text strings to reflect that in the login screen. Text strings are stored in editable text files for these languages: English, French (Standard), French (Canadian), German, and Spanish.
Any changes you make will take effect after restarting the NetGovern Client Access service.
If you currently apply white labeling as part of the deployment process, you should customize the login screen at the same time—see Configuring Storage Devices.
After customizing the default login screen, you can also change the text strings.
Regardless of the changes you make to the login screen, the following screen remains the same.
Before making changes to default configuration files, be sure to create a backup copy before editing.
- On the server hosting the remote provider, locate the following file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Messaging Architects\RemoteProvider\WebContent\images\login_bg_netmail.jpg
- Modify or replace the file as needed.
- Restart the NetGovern AWA Remote Provider service and clear the browser cache.
- The next time NetGovern Search is accessed, your custom image will appear instead of the default NetGovern image.
- On the server hosting the remote provider, locate the following folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Messaging Architects\RemoteProvider\WebContent\resources\locale\
- Using Notepad++, open one of the following files:
- English: app-lang-en.txt
- French (Canadian): app-lang-fr-ca.txt
- French (Standard): app-lang-fr.txt
- German: app-lang-de.txt
- Spanish: app-lang-es.txt
- Search for the terms "User name" and/or "Password" and replace it with the desired term.
- Save the file and restart the NetGovern Client Access service.
- The next time NetGovern Search is accessed, your custom strings will appear instead of the default NetGovern strings.