To index and archive data in Windows File Share, you must configure the connector and create a Live Location in the NetGovern Admin UI. Once configured, indexing and archiving jobs can be set up in order to crawl and archive the data in WFS. The Live Location and data can then be included in a NetGovern
When you have created the location and configured the connector, you must ensure that all users are mapped. For more information—see User Mapping. For detailed steps—see Configuring User Mapping
First, you must complete the prerequisites for configuring the WFS connector in NetGovern. You can contact your Support Representative for further details on the connector features, system requirements, and pre-configuration process.
Perform the following steps in the NetGovern Admin UI. Administrator rights are required.
For storage configuration, NetGovern Search supports UNC. Example: //server/share/directory. The use of Microsoft Windows mapped drives is not supported.
- Log into the NetGovern Admin UI.
- Select Archiving.
- Open the Connectors tab.
- Navigate to the Locations section. Click Add.
- Click on Live Locations to expand, select Document Store.
- Click Next.
- Select WFS as the Source Type. Click Next.
- Click Next.
- The Document Store Location window displays.
- In the Source Type field, select the appropriate protocol, Smb1 or Smb2.
- In the Name field, enter a name that is meaningful to the users and reviewers who will be accessing the data. Include the term "Connector" in the name entered.
To change a location name, a new location must be created and its data must be reindexed.
- In the Description field, enter a relevant description.
- In the URL field, enter the path of the shared folder/directory location (WFS):
- WFS: smb://windowshost.mydomain.com/directory
- In the User ID field, enter the user ID of an account with read access to the path specified using the following syntax: domain name\user ID.
If the NetGovern Search services account has the required access, then no additional credentials are required.
- In the Password field, enter the password for the account.
- (Optional) Enable Dual-Login protection to ensure that access to this location in a NetGovern Search will require the authorization of a second
casemanager or Administrator.
- (Optional) Click Test to verify the connection.
- Click Save.
- Click Save at the bottom-left of the Connectors tab.
Once configured, an indexing or archiving job must be created in order to process the content. An Index job must be set up in order to make the data searchable—see Configuring File Indexing. Indexing must be performed prior to archiving if you intend to search the archived data—see Configure File Archiving.