Use Search Filters
NetGovern Search offers multiple filters to let you quickly sort through data and find information. This is a useful way to start culling a large data set to make it more relevant and manageable in size. A search will be easier and take less time if you have a precise idea of who and what you are looking for.
Before starting a new search, it is a good practice to clear any previous searches. To do this, click Search > Clear Search.
How to perform a filter search
- In the Location view, deselect the Search Automatically option to prevent NetGovern Search from initiating a search every time you make a selection. This will make it faster to select archives and custodians.
- Select the (archive) locations and custodians to filter.
If you need to search for a particular custodian
, click Search Custodian
and locate them in the Search Custodian
window—see Custodian Searches
- Display the Filter view by clicking the arrow at the bottom of the Location view.
- In the Filter view displays a list of filters. Additional filters may appear in your list depending on whether they have been defined or activated by your administrator. The number beside a filter indicates the percentage of items found in each component.
- Select the filters to use and click Search—see Filter View.
- Refine your search by selecting other filters and click Search. Repeat until you are satisfied with the results.
- Examine each message to determine if it is relevant to your case and if needed, tag it for later. You can also reorganize the column sorting, add or delete columns, page through the results, preview them, and add comments to help you during a search.