Import into a Custodian - Merge with Existing Data
If data that already exists in eCapture, additional data can be added through merging. The external images, text, and metadata will be added to the database for those records and subsequently viewed in QC. The load file will need to have either an ItemID or an ItemGUID in the eCapture table. Data is merged into existing Custodian. An existing Process Job or Data Extract Job is not required to perform the merge.
Alternate click the Case (Project) to display the context menu and choose Import into Case (Project). The eCapture Import Wizard appears.
Click to display the Import Items screen.
- Select the option Merge with Existing Data. This option requires that ItemID or ItemGUID be used. Data already exists in the Case (Project) or the Custodian.
Select at least one of the following options:
- Image Files - A valid LFP file path must be specified in order to import image files into eCapture. Types include TIFFS, PDFs, JPGs, etc.
- Document Text - OCRed, or extracted text. Note: Displays Page-level if Images Files is selected or displays Document-level if Images Files is not selected.
- Click next to the field Browse to an LFP File you wish to Import. The Browse for Load Files dialog appears. Navigate to the LFP file and click Open. The field populates with the LFP file path.
- Click next to the field Browse to a Data File you wish to Import. The Browse for Data Files dialog appears. Navigate to the .DAT file (or .CSV file) and click Open. The field populates with the .DAT (or .CSV) file path. This is required.
- Click . A Volume Directory Error dialog may appear if the VN operation code in the .LFP file does not exist and the LFP file is not residing in the same directory as the referenced files.
- Browse to the location for the valid volume directory path and click .
- If the path is not valid there will be a LoadFile volume directory error listed in the box at the top of the window.
To ignore the error, click . The Field Mapping screen appears.
It shows the data from the selected Data file indicated in the previous Import Items screen. Adjustments may be necessary based on the format of the .LFP and/or .DAT files that were selected in the Import Items screen. Ensure the correct delimiters are selected.
In the lower left corner, there are two buttons, click the appropriate option.
- Ignore All - When clicked, the Data Type for all fields is set to IGNORE. This allows for selecting a few specific fields.
- Auto-Detect All -When clicked, the Data Type for all fields is detected automatically. This allows for ignoring a few specific fields.
Across the top of the columns, there are several drop-down lists:
- Header: Options include Detect Column Header as Name and Ignore First Row. Select/deselect as required.
Delimiters: Options include IPRO Default, Concordance Default, and Custom. The selection made here will automatically populate the Between Fields and the Around Fields with the default delimiters. For example, if Concordance Default is selected then the Between Fields displays and the Around Fields displays . If IPRO Default is selected, then the Between Fields displays a comma and the Around Fields displays a Double Quote. If Custom, is selected, select the delimiters to be used for both Between Fields and Around Fields.
The options are:
Between Fields: Around Fields:
- Between Fields: From the drop-down list, select the delimiter that will appear between each field.
- Around Fields: From the drop-down list, select the delimiter that will surround each field.
- Encoding: AutoDetect is the default setting for a new Import session. Other options include ASCII, Unicode, Unicode BigEndian, UTF8, UTF7, and UTF32. Select the encoding to be used for reading data files that are being imported.
Review the Field Names row. This row is for informational purposes and displays the field names for each column.
The Mapped Fields row is used to change the mapped field. Click to display the drop-down list and select a mapped field or enter a new mapped field name.
The Data Types row is used to select a data type for each column. Click the drop-down list to display the data type options: Date/Time, Number, Text, REF ONLY, and IGNORE. The system initially displays the data type that applies to the data in each column. If necessary, change the data type where applicable.
- If IGNORE is selected, the column becomes grayed out and the field is ignored.
- Select REF ONLY to exclude the ItemID or ItemGUID fields in the .DAT file from being imported when merging (the fields already exists in the eCapture database). However, unlike IGNORE, these fields will still be referenced (e.g. selectable) elsewhere in the Import Wizard (e.g. drop-down menus, dialogs, etc.).
Display Lines: By default, 10 records display in the grid. To display more records, click the Display Lines drop-down list and select a value (20, 30, 40, or 50). If a different value is selected, a Confirmation dialog appears indicating that the file contents will be reread and that there is a possibility the column mappings or names may be reset. By clicking NO, the value remains the same and no changes are made to the file contents and mappings.
Click to display the Key Fields screen.
If necessary, select the option Convert Date Time value to UTC (Coordinated Universal Time). This option will convert the known Source Time Zone indicated in the Source Time Zone drop-down list to the coordinated universal time. From the Source Culture drop-down list, select a source culture.
- Select either ItemID or ItemGUID Merge Key. From the Field Name drop-down list select the eCapture field to be used to overlay data.
Click to display the Staging Document Text Import Configuration screen.
This screen appears if the Document Text option was selected from the Import Items screen.
Under Document Text, select from the following options:
- Use FT Line in This LFP - If necessary, browse to a different LFP file. The LFP file that is already selected is the same LFP file indicated the Import Items screen.
- Browse to LST - When selected the Browse for List Files dialog appears. Select the .LST file, and click Open.
Data File Field(s) - Click to display the Data File Fields dialog.
- Click to display the Available Items dialog. Fields may be selected contiguously or non-contiguously.
- Ctrl-click to select non-contiguous fields. Shift-click to select a contiguous group of fields. Click OK. The field(s) appear in the Data File Fields dialog. Click OK. The Data File Fields dialog populates with the selected fields.
- To change the order of the fields, select a field in the Field Names box and click either or .
- To remove a field in the Field Names box, click . Click OK to close the Data File Fields dialog and return to the Staging Document Text Import Configuration screen. The selected fields appear in the Data File Field(s) field separated by a semi-colon.Select the option, Contains path information, if the Data File Field selected contains the path information.
Specify the Storage Options. This is applicable for all Native File options, except where there are no native files and placeholders are used.
- Point to Data in Current Location (default)
- Copy to eCapture Directories
Click to display the Staging Image File Import Configuration screen.
Select the Storage Options:
- Point to Data in Current Location
- Copy to eCapture Directories
Click to display the Staging Import Status screen.
This screen details the activity that will take place to import the data in the staging database. The activity is based on the options selected in the previous Import Wizard screens. If necessary, click to return to previous screens and modify options.
Click to begin the process. As each activity completes successfully, appears. When the process completes, the Staging Import Results dialog appears.
This report may be sent to a previously configured printer by clicking . Note: Ensure that Microsoft Word is installed on the computer (Controller or Limited Controller) running the Import Wizard.
Click to display the Job Names and Custodian(s) for Merge Operation screen.
Under Extra Items, the status information displays the number of items that were found in the data file which do not have an associated Job. Choose from one of the following three options:
- Ignore (do not import)
- Create one Job in each associated Custodian – Indicate the Job Naming Convention to be used by naming Prefix, selecting a Delimiter from the drop-down list, and indicating the beginning Numbering value. A sample Job Name appears below consisting of the Naming Convention components.
- Create one Job in Specified Custodian – select an option from the drop-down list. If [Create new…] is selected, a dialog appears where a new Custodian name may be entered.
Click to display the Name of Merge Operation screen.
Enter a unique name for the merge operation. This name will be used to refer to specific merge jobs when selecting images and text in various eCapture components.
Click to display the Import into eCapture System screen.